Wednesday, June 25, 2008

An Interesting New Product

Occasionally, I receive word of a new product that catches my interest and I like to pass it along to my readers. I avoid the large, global product releases because everybody writes about them and even if they didn’t, enough money gets spent promoting them that half the Universe has probably been bombarded with information about them. So when, I received a copy of Spellex’s press release about their new medical and pharmaceutical spelling dictionaries, I was, to say the least, intrigued. While I love Microsoft’s spell check features, let’s face it, when you get too technical, too quickly, you outpace its abilities without too much difficulty. Now, Larry occasionally teases me, no, let me call it what it is, he roasts me by saying that my submissions have been limited by my ability to spell some of the words used in the life sciences sector. This is not true at all, however, trudging around the Web looking for the correct spelling does sometimes temper my enthusiasm for a topic. Spellex’s products give their users the ability to quickly get this information and for an additional fee there is an update service. They cover hundreds of thousands of words, including acronyms, Latin and Greek terms. OK, these guys are nothing if not thorough. I have received no compensation to write this blog entry and I haven’t used the product myself. But, I have not let things like that stop me from having an opinion. The products can be checked out at www.spellex.com and the site is definitely worth a visit if spelling is one of your weak points.
Please contact us at
larryrothmansblog@gmail.com. We look forward to hearing from you.


Contributed by Guy de Lastin